On September 10 i turn 37. This year is extra special because on my birthday I will be participating in a fun walk on behalf of my best friend of 25 years!- Sara Henderson has beat STAGE 4 cancer for the 2nd time in her life. As someone who knows first hand the pain of loosing a loved one to cancer, there is truely no greater joy then being able to celebrate NOT loosing a loved one to cancer ❤
This year, as I celebrate another year of life and the blessing of my dear friends life, as well as, the memory of my father’s ( Mark Beets ) life, I am asking my friends and family to consider giving to an organization that gives to children with cancer . It is because of this organization that my dear friend was able to attend Camp Cliff many years ago during her first battle with stage 4 cancer as a child. While I have a personal goal of $500 ( that I hope to far exceed ) please know there is no donation too big or too small and your generosity is sincerely appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your amazing support and continued prayers for all those effected by cancer each and every day.
My cancer Survivor Hero’s:
I’m so excited to be walking for Candlelighters this year!
Candlelighters is an organization that provides daily services for childhood cancer families and the Fun Walk raises money for those services and programs which are offered FREE to children with cancer and their families.
Here's what Fun Walk donations will be used toward this year:
1. Hospital Parking Assistance - This remains Candlelighters #1 request from childhood cancer families as it costs them $15 per day to park at the Texas Medical Center for treatment.
2. Emotional Support - Childhood cancer families are still restricted when it comes to gatherings, hospital visitation guidelines, school attendance and more. Over the last year it's become even more apparent just how important Candlelighters peer-to-peer support efforts are. Their weekly support group meetings have grown, and Candlelighters Parent Consultants (staff who are also parents of childhood cancer survivors) are working around the clock to touch base and check-in with families and their needs.
3. Gas and Grocery Cards - Daily out-of-pocket costs continue to be a financial burden for childhood cancer families and Candlelighters is dedicated to making life easier by providing support to families in these ways.
4. Memorial Funds - Unfortunately, children are still being diagnosed with cancer and gaining their angel wings. Candlelighters provides financial assistance for families to hold memorial services for their children.
5. Bell Ringing in a Box - Due to hospital restrictions, bell ringing celebrations (signifying the end of cancer treatment!) are not allowed in the hospitals. Candlelighters is helping families celebrate their cancer survivor and this tremendous milestone with supplies for their bell ringing ceremony at home with their loved ones!
6. Camp CLIFF - Donations will allow Candlelighters to host a safe, lifechanging camp experience for our childhood cancer families.
Thank you for supporting my efforts for this amazing organization. Whatever you can give, thank you for helping all the children with cancer and their families!