Dear Family and Friends,
My boys and I are forming a Candlelighters Fun Walk Team this year and we would appreciate your support! We are walking in honor of all the families who face childhood cancer. Candlelighters makes a difference in the lives of childhood cancer families each and every day. I am honored to be a part of this amazing organiztion for the past 13 years.
The Fun Walk raises money for Candlelighters daily programs and services for childhood cancer families - every day things that may seem small, but add up over the course of a child's treatment time including: hospital parking assistance, hospital meal passes, gas cards, grocery cards and more.
The Fun Walk also helps to fund Candlelighters annual family camp – a get-a-way for the whole family. Many camps in Houston offer the child with cancer a getaway, but Candlelighers believes that it is very important for the whole family to come together away from the treatment facilities and their everyday hectic lives. Quality time as a family is essential in their struggle to beat the disease. The cost to send a camper to camp is approximately $200 and Candlelighters hosts more than 225 campers each year!
Thank you for supporting us and for helping all the children with cancer and their families that Candlelighters serves!
Here's how you can help:
- Get inspired – watch this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=404So08XlsY
- Register for the Fun Walk by clicking the blue button at the top of this page that says "Join Team"
- Make a donation – even $13 helps by paying for one day of parking for a Candlelighters family!
- Share about the Fun Walk with your family and friends and ask that they join you on Walk Day – Saturday, September 12 at Terry Hershey Park
The Fun Walk includes:
- Stroller, wagon and wheelchair-friendly 3-mile route
- FREE food, entertainment, and children’s activities
- Raffle: family activities, toy baskets, trips and more!
- Team Awards for Top Fundraisers, Best Team T-Shirt, Team Spirit and more!