This year I am walking in the Candlelighters Fun Walk and I would love for you to support me! This year you can walk with me WHEREVER you are or join us at Terry Hershey Park on Sept 10th! So join my team, or donate if you are able. I am walking in honor of all the families who face childhood cancer. I know that Candlelighters makes a difference in the lives of childhood cancer families each and every day. Every dollar that is contributed goes directly to these wonderful families in programs that support them emotionally and practically.
If you do have the means to donate any amount, here are some ways that the money is put to use:
• $15 - provides a family parking for a day at the clinic receiving chemo
• $25 - provides a meal pass for families in the hospital
• $50 - provides a gas card for families driving into the med center day after day
• $100 - provides groceries for a family in need
• $250 - sends a kiddo to our weekend sleepaway camp, Camp CLIFF!
• $500 - provides funeral assistance for an angel
In addition, parent consultants (wonderful parents that have fought the fight and now work for Candlelighters) meet with families day in and day out and your money helps support this critical program as well. Knowing that you have someone to talk to through your life altering journey is so helpful and that person being someone who has been through it is that much more helpful.
Thank you for supporting me and for helping all the children with cancer and their families that Candlelighters serves!