Shayna's Team is so excited to be walking for Candlelighters this year!
The Fun Walk raises money for Candlelighters services and programs which are offered FREE to children with cancer and their families.
Here's how you can help:
Here's what Fun Walk donations will be used toward this year:
1. Hospital Parking Assistance - this remains Candlelighters #1 request from childhood cancer families as it costs them $15 per day to park at the Texas Medical Center for treatment.
2. Emotional Support - childhood cancer families are still restricted when it comes to gatherings, hospital visitation guidelines, school attendance and more. Over the last year it's become even more apparent just how important Candlelighters peer-to-peer support efforts are.
3. Gas Cards & Grocery Cards - daily out-of-pocket costs continue to be a financial burden for childhood cancer families and Candlelighters is dedicated to making life easier by providing financial support to families in these ways.
4. Memorial Funds – Unfortunately, children are still being diagnosed with cancer and gaining their angel wings. Candlelighters provides financial assistance for families to hold memorial services in honor of their child.
5. Bell Ringing in a Box - Due to hospital restrictions, bell ringing celebrations (signifying the end of cancer treatment!) are not allowed in the hospitals. Candlelighters is helping families celebrate their cancer survivor’s tremendous milestone with all the supplies for their bell ringing ceremony at home with their loved ones!
6. Camp CLIFF - Donations will allow Candlelighters to host this lifechanging camp experience (whether in person or virtually) for our childhood cancer families.
Thank you for supporting my efforts for this amazing organization. Know that your donation is in great hands and helping our Candlelighters families!